Are you or people in your organization feeling overwhelmed with their workload? Do they feel they are not getting the results they want from the actions they are taking? Does everything seem urgently important?
If you have been wanting to learn more about Kanban, this workshop is for you. Participants will apply Kanban and other techniques to manage their own work, and by extension to teams. Each person will design and learn how to use their own activity board.
The workshop is lively, interactive, with lots of variety to maximize learning potential. Gerry Kirk, Jim Benson and Yves designed this session using Training From the Back of the Room approach, which uses brain science principles for how adults learn.
You will leave this one day workshop with:
- Increased visibility into what you are doing – what you can see you can manage
- Practical answers on how to spend more time on the things that matter most to you
- Lightweight processes and tools you can use and adapt immediately to manage your workload
- A ready to use personal Kanban board
Agility occurs at many levels: organization, team and individual. High performing companies embrace all three to reap the rewards of Agile. Executives, managers, developers, product owners can all benefit from this workshop.
This workshop is for individuals who want to create more value for their organizations and themselves through improved personal performance.
- Visualizing work to uncover bottlenecks, gain clarity and peace of mind
- The damaging effects of too much work-in-progress, and how to reduce its effects
- Prioritize work so the important isn’t crowded out by the “urgent”
- The power of slack time!
- Continuous improvement that actually works
- Minimizing distractions using the Pomodoro technique