Test Management Interactive Session
Test management discussion
Are you a test manager?
Are you worried?
Come and share your worries…
We’ll host a wide ranging discussion driven by your questions and ours.
Typical topics we might cover include…
Becoming a test manager
• Is it possible to be a good test manager if you have not done any testing? Why?
• Is it possible to be a bad test manager if you are an excellent tester? Why?
Estimating and planning
• How can I estimate when I don’t know the detail?
• What is the point of planning when it is all going to change?
• How do I assess risk?
• How does that affect the testing approach?
Approaches and strategy
• How do I choose the approach for testing in a project?
• What factors should I take into account when choosing the strategy?
• What information do I need from my team?
• What information does the project manager need from me?
• How does my leadership style affect my team?
• What is situational leadership?
People and teams
• What range of skills do I need on my team?
• How do I manage a distributed team?
Developing my team
• What personal and professional development will help my team?
• How much CPD should I plan for?
• Who do I need to communicate with?
• What do they want from me?
Managing costs and value
• How do I do a cost benefit analysis for testing?
• How do I show the value of testing to my stakeholders?